A customer relationship management (CRM) platform is essential for managing and growing the customer base for all B2B and tech SaaS startups. It can help you manage and nurture customer relationships, improve sales efficiency and gain valuable insights about customers. With a CRM system in place, you can focus on growing your business and achieving your goals.
CRM is vital for tech SaaS startups for the following reasons:
Centralized Customer Data
A CRM system allows you to store all your customer data in one central location. This includes information such as contact details, purchase history and communication history. Having all this information in one place makes it easy to access, manage and take necessary actions.
Improved Sales Efficiency
A CRM can help you automate and streamline your sales process, leading to increased efficiencies and more closed deals. You could use it to automate email campaigns, track leads and manage your sales pipeline.
Better Customer Communication
A CRM system allows you to easily track and manage customer communication. This can ensure that you are able to understand your customers better and even customize the communication to provide the best possible service and quickly address any issues that may arise.
As your startup grows, it can be difficult to keep track of your customers and manage the sales process. A robust CRM system can help you scale your business by providing the tools you need to manage and nurture your customer relationships as they multiply.
Better Customer Insights
You can get access to valuable insights about your customers, such as which products or services they are most interested in, and how they interact with your business. This information can help you make data-driven decisions that can lead to increased sales and improved customer retention.
CRM Selection Criteria
Not all CRM platforms are created equal, and it’s important to choose one that is stage appropriate for your business. They can have a range of functionalities, but these nine features are must-haves for any startup that is aiming to organize its systems and improve its efficiency:
- Contact Management: The best systems that truly improve efficiency will reduce and streamline contact data entry as much as possible.
- Deal stages: Most CRM systems can be customized to operate on a specific sales process. Whether your company has three deal stages or 15, you should be able to program these levels into the software and attach associated values.
- Daily Dashboard: Salespeople need visibility into several metrics daily. Evaluate this function based on visual appeal and simplicity.
- Task Management: CRM systems that include task management capabilities streamline salespeople’s day-to-day workflow and help them stay on top of their follow-ups.
- Content Repository: To cut back on wasted time searching for content, look for a CRM system with an embedded content repository, that allows you to save the go-to pieces of collaterals in one place.
- Automated Data Capture: One of the primary reasons to adopt CRM is to keep a better track of customer and prospect touches. Look for a system that does this step automatically.
- Reporting: A CRM system is only as good as the insights it provides. Be sure that yours provides reporting features that make it easy to export and distribute the trends that the system reveals.
- Mobile: Sales reps have seen productivity increase by 15% when they had mobile access to CRM applications. Make sure you assess this factor when considering your CRM system.
- Integration with Marketing Automation: A perfect integration gives you everything you need to nurture contacts into customers.
Now that you know how CRM brings value to your startup and what to consider when evaluating different platforms, it’s time to start evaluating your options.
To reap the full benefits of CRM, choose one with the features that are right for your business today and can evolve as your business grows. Keep in mind your company’s growth goals and consider both your short-term and long-term needs when investing in a CRM platform.